Dear guests and visitors,
on this tour we will visit city of Split and its famous 1700 years old Palace of the Roman emperor Diocletian that was enlisted in UNESCO’s World Heritage since it’s one of the most significant original structures of the late ancient architecture. During the tour you will be also introduced to Peristyle (the central square inside the palace), Saint Duje’s Cathedral (patron saint of Split), Diocletian’s mausoleum, Jupiter’s temple, Vestibul, Golden Gate, Diocletian’s underground vaults, waterfront and other important historical and cultural sites of Split and some time later we will visit cave Vanjacha....
Our tour starts with ride from Dubrovnik along Dalmatian coast towards Split.
On the way to Split we will make detour towards viewing point of the lakes Bachina. Here we will have a short break from ride and enjoy panoramic view of picturesque landscape of Bachina lakes. After the break we will continue our trip towards Split.
Once we arrive in Split, we will meet our guide and a tour of Split can begin.
After the tour of Split old town we will proceed towards restaurant where you will have a lunch, followed with free time in Split.
Our next attraction to be visited is the famous cave “Vanjacha” near Split. Cave “Vanjacha” was discovered in 19th century and open for the visitors since 1929. Besides being one of the most famous caves in Croatia, cave ”Vanjacha” is the most preserved, the most secure and coherent natural cave in Croatia. The total length of the cave is 360 m and average temperature is 15˚C.
During the tour of the cave we will enjoy in sightseeing of a numerous pillars and arches, stalagmites and stalactites formed in interesting shapes…
After the tour of this natural wonder, we will depart towards Dubrovnik where this exciting tour ends!
|Recommended time of departure from Dubrovnik||08:00|
|Ride to Split (detour for panorama sightseeing of Bachina lakes):||08:00 – 11:30|
|Approximate arrival to Split:||11:30|
|Tour of Split, lunch and free time:||11:30 – 15:30|
|Ride towards cave Vanjacha:||15:40 - 16:00|
|Tour of cave Vanjacha:||16:00 - 17:15|
|Ride back to Dubrovnik:||17:15 – 20:30|
|Estimated time of arrival in Dubrovnik:||20:30|
Suggested itinerary and scheduled arrivals / departures might be changed due to traffic conditions,
your comfort or your wishes!
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Excursion code: EXP-1-7317-ST
- Basic language during the tour: English
- Distance covered during the tour: approximately 500 km (310 mi)
The complete program includes:
- Vehicle determined by the number of people in your group
- Professional English speaking driver
- Passengers insurance
- Professional tourist guide in Split
- A tour of museums in Split
- A tour of cave "Vranjaca"
Vehicles used for this program based on the number of people in your group:
- Luxury sedan Mercedes E class (2011 y.): 1 to 3 persons
- Minivan Mercedes Viano : 4 to 6 persons
- Minibus Mercedes Sprinter : 7 to 18 persons
- Bus Setra : 19 to 50 persons
Boarding location and time of departure:
- Boarding location: At the place of your residence in Dubrovnik
- Time of departure: According to agreement or suggested itinerary
- Lunch at local restaurant of your choice or recommendation of the agency guide (should be paid in the restaurant according to individual selection of food and drinks)
- GROUPS (more than 10 persons) / Option of restaurant reservation with a choice of group menus!
Price of the program will be formed according to the following:
- Type of vehicle
- Number of participants
- Chosen services
- Special requirements
- Send us inquiry and we will send to you a brochure with a full description of the program and the price list of all services related to this program
- This program can be modified according to your wishes and needs
- The final form and contents of this excursion program will be made according to Client’s choice of the services!