Join us in exploration of this living museum of history, tradition and culture...
Dear guests and visitors,
on this tour we will visit the capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo.
Sarajevo is one of the most historically interesting cities of Europe. Its rich cultural heritage dates from the prehistoric period, through the era of Ottoman Empire and Austro-Hungarian monarchy, when the most of significant buildings and symbols of Sarajevo were built.
Often called Jerusalem of Europe due to its traditional and religious diversity, Sarajevo is specific city where the Roman Catholics, Orthodox Christians and the Bosnian Muslims have met, lived and warred. Today, Sarajevo is psychically recovered from the war and conflicts of 1990's. With its authentic cultural mix, Sarajevo is a city of charm.
In the city center there is famous Bascarsija bazaar, ancient trading place with artisans workshops, traditional restaurants and coffee shops ...
Sarajevo is a city well-known for its hospitality and for its unique spirit that will not leave you indifferent.
We will depart from Dubrovnik early in the morning and have a ride along Adriatic coast before we turn towards inland of Bosnia and Herzegovina through the valley of Neretva river. On the way to Sarajevo we will stop in medieval town Pocitelj where we will have a short pause to rest from the ride. Our ride continues along the bank of Neretva river and soon we will pass Mostar, Jablanica, Konjic ... Upon our arrival to Sarajevo we will have a guided tour of old town. Within tour we will visit bazaar Bascarija, Cathedral, old Orthodox church with museum of icons, old mosque and turkish house... Lunch follows and after the lunch we will have some free time for strolling around.
Our tour continues towards "Tunnel of hope". During the siege of Sarajevo and the war between 1992 and 1995, the city was entirely cut off by Serbian forces. The tunnel was constructed by the besieged citizens with intention of connecting Sarajevo with supposedly neutral zone at the Sarajevo Airport controlled by the United Nations. The "Tunnel of hope" was completed in mid-1993, which allowed food and humanitarian aid to come into the city, and in the same time it was the way to leave of the city. The tunnel was also one of the major ways of bypassing the international arms embargo and facilitated the corridor for delivery of weaponry to defenders of the city ...
Next site on our tour is natural park "Vrelo Bosne" (The wellspring of the river Bosnia). "Vrelo Bosne" was regulated as a park of nature during the of Austro-Hungarian monarchy. The park has several islets and it teems with creeks and waterfalls... The walk through the woods interlaced with paths and small wooden bridges will allow to each visitor to take a peek into the intimate corners of this magical park of nature at the foot of Igman Mountain.
After the visit of natural park, we will start our return to Dubrovnik...
|Recommended time of departure from Dubrovnik||07:00|
|Ride towards Sarajevo (with pause in Pocitelj):||07:00 – 11:30|
|Tour of Sarajevo old town, lunch and free time:||11:30 – 15:00|
|Ride towards "Tunnel of Hope":||15:00 - 15:15|
|Tour of "Tunnel of Hope":||15:15 - 16:00|
|Tour of park "Vrelo Bosne":||16:15 - 17:00|
|Ride back to Dubrovnik:||17:00 - 21:30|
|Estimated time of arrival in Dubrovnik:||21:30|
Suggested itinerary and scheduled arrivals / departures might be changed due to traffic conditions,
your comfort or your wishes!
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Excursion code: EXP-1-7318-SA
- Basic language during the tour: English
- Distance covered during the tour: approximately 500 km (310 mi)
The complete program includes:
- Vehicle determined by the number of people in your group
- Professional English speaking driver
- Passengers insurance
- Professional tourist guide in Sarajevo
- A tour of museums in Sarajevo (Turkish house / Orthodox church / Mosque / Cathedral)
- A tour of "Tunnel of Hope"
- A tour of park "Vrelo Bosne"
Vehicles used for this program based on the number of people in your group:
- Luxury sedan Mercedes E class (2011 y.): 1 to 3 persons
- Minivan Mercedes Viano : 4 to 6 persons
- Minibus Mercedes Sprinter : 7 to 18 persons
- Bus Setra : 19 to 50 persons
Boarding location and time of departure:
- Boarding location: At the place of your residence in Dubrovnik
- Time of departure: According to agreement or suggested itinerary
- Lunch at local restaurant of your choice or recommendation of the agency guide (should be paid in the restaurant according to individual selection of food and drinks)
- GROUPS (more than 10 persons) / Option of restaurant reservation with a choice of group menus!
Price of the program will be formed according to the following:
- Type of vehicle
- Number of participants
- Chosen services
- Special requirements
- Send us inquiry and we will send to you a brochure with a full description of the program and the price list of all services related to this program
- This program can be modified according to your wishes and needs
- The final form and contents of this excursion program will be made according to Client’s choice of the services!
- The best selection
- Flexible date guarantee
- Flexible itinerary guarantee
- Fast or instant availability confirmation
- Mobile voucher
- Secure, fast and easy booking
- This private tour can be customized so you can see the sights & attractions that interest you
- Customer support 24/7
- 100% if you cancel within 7 days
- 50% if you cancel within 6-4 days
- 0% if you cancel within 2 day
Why choose adriaticGlobal.Net?
- Flexible date guarantee
- Best price
- Tailor made
- Free reschedule in case of bad weather(Boat tours only)
- Full return in case of bad weather(Selected boats only)