Dear travellers, this tour is intended mainly for wine lovers or to have gourmet experience.
Those who like to learn more about wines & vine grapes from Dubrovnik area are welcome on this tour
Tour starts from the place of your residence with exclusive transfer towards one of the most famous Croatian wine regions on Peljesac Peninsula. On this tour you will have opportunity to meet friendly wine producers who will take you on a tour Croatian vine grapes, wine cellars and introduce their wine production process in their winery's.
On Peljesac Peninsula, there are dozens of wineries, we recommend this ones for the tour :
- Local: Vukas, Winery Matusko
- Worldwide: Winery Grgich (Mike Grgich)
- Vintage: Frano Milos
- Luxury: Korta Katarina, St. Hills
Service description and proposal
Upon our arrival on Peljesac peninsula, we will have a free time to explore ancient town Ston, its famous stone walls and saltworks. After free time we will continue our tour with a ride towards the first winery on our tour, winery "Vukas". You will be introduced to production process of wines, brandy's and liqueurs of vintner Vukas. After tasting of the best selection of wines, liqueurs and brandy's, of this winery, Mr. Vukas will take you to his vineyards and tell you all about Peljesac wine region.
After wine tasting in Vukas winery, you can continue to the worldwide famous vintner, Mike Grgic who has established winery in 1996 in Trstenik, Peljesac Peninsula.Dedicated to the art of wine making, winery is producing the finest wines from native Dalmatian grapes Plavac Mali (red wine) and Pošip (white wine).
Just after you finish wine tasting tour in Grgich winery,you can choose to extend this tour to the luxury wineries like Korta Katarina or St. Hills (located in city of Orebic (Korta Katarina), close by (St.Hills) or drive back to the Mali Ston for lunch and oyster tasting tour.
On the way back close to Mali Ston, there is famous vintner, Mr. "Frano Milos" (pronounced Milosh) and his family owned vintage winery. Wine "Stagnum" produced in winery "Milos" has been awarded several times as one of the best Croatian red wines. Culmination of experience is the specific quality of grapes "Mali plavac" (simular to Zinfandel) which is acquired in way that offers a possibility to form a whole spectrum of various types of wine.
On the way back to the Dubrovnik there is picturesque bay called Mali Ston (Little Ston) worldwide known for oyster farms. Per our recommendation on this tour, after finishing wine tasting we can stop there for Oyster tasting tour (Oyster farms) where you will taste fresh mussels and oysters. In Mali Ston, there are restaurants (Bota Sare, Kralj Family, Sorgo ...), where you can continue to enjoy seafood specialties and superb restaurant service. .
- Private tour
- Private chauffeur service (English speaking driver)
- Visit three wineries (Vukas (Local), Grgic(Worldwide), Milos(Vintage)
- Option for visiting luxury wineries (Korta Katarina and St. Hills)
- Wine tasting & winery show duration time : 45-60 minutes
- Private boat tour to Oyster farms (subject of availibility / extra option)
- Option for private tour guide at your own language
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Excursion code: EXP-1-7302-PW
- Basic language during the tour: English
- Distance covered during the tour: approximately 200 km (120 mi)
The complete program includes:
- Vehicle determined by the number of people in your group
- Professional English speaking driver
- Passengers insurance
- A tour of 3 wineries / Includes: wine tasting in each winery and a tour of 1 vineyard (depending on season and weather conditions)
- Boat excursion to oyster farms / Includes: Tasting of fresh oysters, mussels and wine
- Lunch in local seafood restaurant
Vehicles used for this program based on the number of people in your group:
- Luxury sedan Mercedes E class (2011 y.): 1 to 3 persons
- Minivan Mercedes Viano : 4 to 6 persons
- Minibus Mercedes Sprinter : 7 to 18 persons
- Bus Setra : 19 to 50 persons
Boarding location and time of departure:
- Boarding location: At the place of your residence in Dubrovnik
- Time of departure: According to agreement or suggested itinerary
- Lunch at local restaurant of your choice or recommendation of the agency guide (should be paid in the restaurant according to individual selection of food and drinks)
- GROUPS (more than 10 persons) / Option of restaurant reservation with a choice of group menus!
Price of the program will be formed according to the following:
- Type of vehicle
- Number of participants
- Chosen services
- Special requirements
- Send us an inquiry to confirm availability and we will send proposal with a full description of the program and the price list & options of all services related to this private excursion
- This program can be modified according to your wishes and needs
- The final form and contents of this excursion program will be made according to Client’s choice of the services!