Dear guests and visitors
On this tour we will visit north-west coast of Dubrovnik – Neretva country.
The first place on our way to island Korcula (pronounced Korchula) is ancient town named Ston.
Ston was among the first towns in Europe to be built according to a town- planning project.
Its 5 km long stone walls are especially interesting, during medieval period city walls were protecting the town , today those walls attract a hundreds of visitors who are amazed by their length and preservation.
Other attractions include the famous oyster and mussel farms and old salt-works where salt is still produced today out of the sea water.
After a short sightseeing we will continue our trip towards island Korcula.
According to legend, Korcula town was founded by the Trojan hero, Antenor, the founder of Padova, but that's only a legend. Town and island of Korcula were mentioned as early as the 10th century, but civilization on the island goes much further in past.
Korcula Town is also surrounded by city walls and it is one of Croatia's most romantic coastal towns which became a top destination of numerous cruise lines. Did you know that famous sailor Marko Polo was born on island Korcula in 1254, in family of merchants?
On our way back to Dubrovnik we will visit the beautiful green scenery and blue bays of the Peljesac peninsula where we will enjoy extraordinary tastes of Dalmatian wines in the local winery. Peninsula Peljesac is the most famous Croatian wine region!
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE EXCURSION
Excursion code: EXD-1-7201-KO
- Basic language during the tour: English
- Excursion participants: Individual travelers of mixed nationalities
A tour includes:
- Tour lider
- Professional tourist guide in Korcula
- Pick-up / drop off at the place of your residence in Dubrovnik
Boarding location and time of departure:
- Hotel guests: Boarding location will be in front of hotel at the time indicated in voucher
- Guests staying in other types of accommodation: Boarding location will be the nearest passenger collection point relative to the place of your residence. Exact boarding location and time of departure will be indicated in voucher
- Children under 12 years of age: 50%
We recommend you to bring along:
- Comfortable footwear and clothing
- Hats or caps
- This program can be organized as private group excursion
- See also our offer of private excursions and Korcula and Peljesac peninsula private excursion
Contact us for informations, questions or itineraries...
- The best selection
- Flexible date guarantee
- Flexible itinerary guarantee
- Fast or instant availability confirmation
- Mobile voucher
- Secure, fast and easy booking
- This private tour can be customized so you can see the sights & attractions that interest you
- Customer support 24/7
- 100% if you cancel within 7 days
- 50% if you cancel within 6-4 days
- 0% if you cancel within 2 day
Why choose adriaticGlobal.Net?
- Flexible date guarantee
- Best price
- Tailor made
- Free reschedule in case of bad weather(Boat tours only)
- Full return in case of bad weather(Selected boats only)