Dear guests and visitors,
on this tour we will take you to the most southern region of Croatia, Konavle region. Konavle region covers an area from town Cavtat on the north-west, to the border with Montenegro on south-east. Long time ago the Konavle valley was a lake bed. Due to this fact the land is very fertile and makes Konavle an agriculturally productive region. Through the past it gave a tremendous contribute to Dubrovnik Republic. Today, the most of the land is planted with vineyards, fruit trees and vegetables. Over 30 villages scattered on the slopes of Konavle hills are still preserving the tradition and reminds us to fascinating history of this region...
Our first stop of Konavle region tour is wonderful vista point „Vidikovac“. We will make a short stop here so that you can enjoy unforgettable panorama view of Dubrovnik Old Town.
Our tour continues towards town Cavtat and our guided tour of this amazing picturesque town will start right after our arrival. During pleasant private walking tour of Cavtat you will be introduced to all main historical and cultural sites by professional guide. The tour of Cavtat includes visit of a birth house of famous Croatian painter Vlaho Bukovac, and the most prominent Cavtat attraction, the Mausoleum of the Rachich family, designed and built by the greatest Croatian sculptor Ivan Mestrovic.
After the tour of Cavtat we will drive to the top of the hill above Konvale region and famous „Soko“ tower that offers an incredible and breathtaking view of Cavtat, Konavle region, islands and the open sea...
Next attraction on our tour is the Fort Falcon situated below the mountain slopes, at 25 m high inaccessible cliff. The fort was built in 14th century by Dubrovnik Republic with role to control the roads that descend from Herzegovina to Konavle region and to protect the south-eastern part of Dubrovnik Republic. Here we will also enjoy the view of Konavle region and hear fascinating stories about the Fort.
Konavle region is famous by its wines and in continuation of our tour we vill visit a winery and you will be introduced to wine production of this region. Besides introduction of wine production you will also have an opportunity to visit the vineyards and wine museum, and to taste some of the finest wines, cheeses, olives and brandies of this region.
After the visit of winery we will continue our tour with ride towards an old mill located in a wonderful setting of flowing fresh water and the beautiful lush woods. Upon our arrival drinks (homemade liquors, brandies, fruit juices...) will be offered and served by girls in traditional costumes. Here we will take a walk through park and you will be introduced to history of old mill (in operation) and house „Stupa“ with presentation of traditional items of wool and silk (spindle, loom and production of traditional costumes).
Lunch follows in elite restaurant of the region „Konavoski Dvori“ (Courts of Konavle).
Surrounded with lush greenery of the centuries old trees, the restaurant "Konavoski Dvori" is resting in an ancient mill on the banks of a clean and rumbling river named "Ljuta".
Besides a unique location and a tranquil ambiance, the restaurant offers the best regional specialties with home-baked bread in the way of our grandmothers.
After the lunch we will start our return to Dubrovnik where this exciting tour ends...
|Recommended time of departure from Dubrovnik||08:00|
|Panorama of Dubrovnik Old Town||08:15 - 08:30|
|Arrival to Cavtat||08:45|
|Tour of Cavtat (with museums)||08:45 - 10:00|
|Departure towards vista point "Grey Falcon"||10:00|
|Panorama of the region from vista point "Grey Falcon"||10:15 - 10:30|
|Tour of Fort Falcon||11:00 - 11:45|
|Departure towards local winery||11:45|
|Tour of the winery, vineyards, wine and cheese tasting||12:00 - 13:15|
|Departure towards Old Mill and house "Stupa"||13:15|
|Tour of Old Mill and house "Stupa"||13:30 - 14:15|
|Lunch in restaurant "Konavoski Dvori"||14:15 - 16:00|
|Departure towards Dubrovnik||16:00|
|Estimated time of arrival in Dubrovnik||16:45|
Suggested itinerary and scheduled arrivals / departures might be changed due to traffic conditions,
your comfort or your wishes!
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Excursion code: EXP-1-7322-TK
- Basic language during the tour: English
- Distance covered during the tour: approximately 100 km (62 mi)
The complete program includes:
- Vehicle determined by the number of people in your group
- Professional English speaking driver
- Passengers insurance
- Professional tourist guide during entire program
- Private tour of Cavtat
- Entrance fees for museums in Cavtat
- Sightseeing and introduction of Fort Falcon
- Tour of vineyard and winery, wine and tasting, cheese tasting
- Tour of old mill and house "Stupa" / drinks (aperitifs and fruit juices) included
Vehicles used for this program based on the number of people in your group:
- Luxury sedan Mercedes E class (2011 y.): 1 to 3 persons
- Minivan Mercedes Viano : 4 to 6 persons
- Minibus Mercedes Sprinter : 7 to 18 persons
- Bus Setra : 19 to 50 persons
Boarding location and time of departure:
- Boarding location: At the place of your residence in Dubrovnik
- Time of departure: According to agreement or suggested itinerary
- Lunch at local restaurant of your choice or recommendation of the agency guide (should be paid in the restaurant according to individual selection of food and drinks)
- GROUPS (more than 10 persons) / Option of restaurant reservation with a choice of group menus!
Price of the program will be formed according to the following:
- Type of vehicle
- Number of participants
- Chosen services
- Special requirements
- Send us inquiry and we will send to you a brochure with a full description of the program and the price list of all services related to this program
- This program can be modified according to your wishes and needs
- The final form and contents of this excursion program will be made according to Client’s choice of the services!