The stories about Island Mljet attractions: Lakes, Odyssey and nymph Calipso, Apostle Paul, Benedictine monks and the Mediterranean Seal are just some of many legends woven in history of island Mljet.Lose yourself in the wild landscapes of the Mljet National Park on this private full-day cruise from Dubrovnik. Jump aboard a private yacht or speedboat and cruise along the Dubrovnik littoral to Mljet island. Spend the afternoon hiking or cycling along forest trails, cruising to the Benedictine monastery of St. Mary or sampling local life in Polace village. Your private cruise is fully customizable, so you could also stop to swim or snorkel at the Elaphiti islands or explore the sea caves of Kolocep along the way.
- Beverages Bottled water
- Light refreshments
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only Hotel Excelsior, Grand Villa Argentina, Villa Dubrovnik, Hotel Valamar President, Dubrovnik Sun Gardens (Hotel Radisson), Pucic Pallace)
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Use of snorkel equipment Private tour
- Fuel (can be paid in advance or after tour check out)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees to National Park Mljet and for a lakes boat ride (18 EUR / Person)
What you can expect on this boat tour?
This unique private boat tour is composed to present Island Mljet and its natural beauties and wilderness in the best possible and most interesting way of full day renting speed boat or yacht! Friendly knowledgeable and professional English speaking skipper will navigate the boat to the National Park Mljet, Polace Village.Lose yourself in the wild landscapes of the Mljet National Park on this private full-day boat cruise from Dubrovnik. Jump aboard a private yacht or speedboat and cruise along the Dubrovnik litorial coast to Mljet island. Spend the afternoon hiking along forest trails, cruising to the Benedictine monastery of St. Mary or sampling local life in Pomena village. Your private cruise is fully customizable, so you could also stop to swim or snorkel at the Elaphiti islands or explore the sea caves of Kolocep along the way.
We have availibility for direct hotel pickup & drop off, but this service is under subject of your hotel location and weather conditions, so please send us complete information about your place of residence in Dubrovnik. Your tour starts after you embark on the boat around 9 am. English speaking skipper will introduce himself to you and give you basic facts about boat, current weather conditions and safety instructions. On navigation route you will pass Dubrovnik and Elaphite Islands. There is possibility to choose either to go directly to the Mljet or to stop on one of Elaphite Islands, for a swimming, snorkeling or a short break. National Park Mljet is distanced around 40 nautical miles from Dubrovnik, it takes around 2 hours to get there skipper will recommend you the most convenient route and possibility of short breaks considering weather and sea conditions for voyage to Mljet.
Navigation from Dubrovnik to Mljet
Estimated time of arrival to Polace is 11:30. Every choosen boat option has sun protection (bimini / sun umbrella), fridge, music / ipod, iphone, MP3, snorkeling gears, cushions for sunbathing, things that makes this journey cozy and relaxing for enjoying panorama and beautiful scenery of island Mljet, Elaphiti islands and coastal villages. During voyage you can talk with your skipper about time schedule for visiting National Park, choice of restaurant menu, things to do on Mljet (bicycle rent, snorkel and swim inside Lakes).
Arrival to Mljet / Polace
Once we arrive to the Polace gulf, once settled by Illyricum peoples, then conquered by Romans after rebellion and built the residential palace between 2nd and 5th century AD, nowadays in ruins reminds visitors of whom once Mljet was ruled by and berthed in small port sheltered behind tiny islands, skipper will escort you through Polace to the entrance of National Park Mljet. You can choose to take a shuttle service, rent a bikes / scooter or simple walk to the entrance of National Park (it takes about 40 minutes to walk).
Attraction: National Park (Lakes)
Mljet National Park is large area with two salt water lakes - Veliko and Malo Jezero (Large and Small Lake). The Lakes area stretch for about 4 kilometres. No motor vehicles are allowed in park, and it is forbidden to enter with the boat there. Entrance fee is 100 kunas / 15 EUR for adults, children above 7 years old and teenagers up to 18 years have 50% discount, children less than 7 years old have free of charge entrance. Tickets can be buyed in Polache, boat ticket fee is extra 20 kunas extra for boat ride to the St. Mary Island (15 minutes ride) and you can hop off and on boat, but boat leaves from Pristaniste every hour. Island of St. Mary is so tranquil, oldest standing church in the Dalmatia. There is a restaurant where you can have a short break, than with the boat go to the small lake. Inside lakes you can walk, cycle, swim, snorkel (you can take snorkeling gear from the boat) or take kayaks. Proposed time of exploring attractions of lakes is 2-3 hours, be sure to inform skipper when you will be back to the boat or for any other requirments (restaurant booking, bicycle rent etc...). adriaticGlobal.Net also offers private local guide services, according your language preference so please inform us if you require such service during booking process.
After National Park / Afternoon
For afternoon we suggest that you have a lunch in some of local domestic konobas (taverns) in Polace. If you ask any Croatian from Dalmatia, it is special place in the everyday lives. On Mljet, it is a mostly family owned restarants with grill and simple menus with fresh fish. Our recommendation is that you book seating in restaurant in advance, we can do it for you on the tour check in without any obligations.
Getting back to Dubrovnik
After finishing your visit of Mljet and National Park Mljet, skipper will take you back to Dubrovnik. Estimated time of arrival to Dubrovnik is 18:00, during voyage (time permitting) you may choose to stop on Elaphiti Islands (Lopoud or Kolocep) or do the Panorama tour of Dubrovnik Old city walls from the sea. When you sail back into Dubrovnik, you can disembark close to the waterfront or use our complimentary shuttle service to get back to your hotel and accommodation.
- Full-day private cruise to Mljet National Park from Dubrovnik
- Cruise past the Elaphiti islands and stop to swim or snorkel in the sea caves of Kolocep
- Enjoy free time to explore the forests, lakes and historic landmarks of Mljet National Park
- Admire the 12th century ruins of St. Mary Monastery on Mljet Island
- Travel in style aboard a luxury speedboat or yacht with a private English speaking skipper / crew
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Flexible itinerary: This private speed boat / yacht tour can be customized so you can see the sights that interest you
- Flexible cancellation policy
- Free cancellation in case of bad weather
- Free reschedule in case of bad weather
Suggested itinerary for boat tour from Dubrovnik to Island Mljet / National Park
|09:00||Hotel / accommodation pickup with vehicle and transport to the boat. If the direct / close to the hotel pickup is confirmed than boat will pick up you on hotel marina / peer.|
|09:15 - 11:30||Navigation to Island Mljet, village Pollace, via Elaphiti Islands.|
|11:30 - 14:30||Explore attractions of Island Mljet : Village Pomena, National Park walking or cycling, boat ride inside lakes, swimming and snorkeling, light lunch.|
|14:30 - 17:00||Navigate back to Dubrovnik, pass Island Sipan and stop for swimming on Jakljan, or Lunch on Sipan (at Marko's Tavern).|
|18:00||Arrive back to Dubrovnik, disembark and transfer to your hotel / accommodation.|
|Note:||Itinerary is fully flexible, but is under subject of weather (wind, rain and sea conditions). Our suggestion is to talk with your friendly skipper, he will modify itinerary according your preferences for : meals, attractions, activities, time schedule etc...|
TOUR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
For clients staying close to Old town Dubrovnik : Dubrovnik old port or hotels in surrounding area. Direct hotel (close to old town) embark / disembark options for this boat tour are : Villa Bellavista, Villa Dubrovnik, Excelsior, Grand Villa Argentina, other clients which residence is in another hotel / accommodation will be embarked in Old town port. Free shuttle service to and from boat is included in price.
For clients staying away from Old town Dubrovnik : Dubrovnik port / Lapad peninsula or direct hotel pickup in selected Dubrovnik Hotels : Hotel Bellevue, Hotel Valamar President, other clients which residence is in another hotel / accommodation will be embarked / disembarked in Port Gruz or Lapad / Orsan gas station.
Free of charge shuttle service to and from boat is included in service.
Pickup & drop off location is under subject of weather conditions
- Excursion code: EXP-1-7306-IM
- Basic language during the tour: English
- Distance covered during the tour: approximately 90 nautical miles
- Itinerary is fully adaptable and up to your convenience, open to your suggestions or recommendations of your skipper
- Note! Itinerary is subject to be changed due to weather and port conditions!
Boarding location and time of departure:
- Boarding location: According to agreement
- Recommended time of departure: 10h00 (10h00 AM)
A tour includes:
- Professional skipper / crew
- Snorkeling equipment on board
- Soft drinks
- Fruit (upon request)
Additional options and tour supplements:
- A tour of National park Mljet with professional guide
- Lunch at local restaurant of your choice or recommendation of the agency (should be paid in the restaurant according to your selection of food and drinks)
Price of the program will be formed according to the following:
- Type and capacity of the speed boat / yacht
- Special requirements
- Fuel consumption
- Send us inquiry and we will send to you a brochure with a full description of the program and the price list of all services related to this program
- This program can be canceled and rescheduled in case of bad weather conditions!
- adriaticGlobal guaranties a full refund in case that program is canceled due to bad weather conditions!
Contact us for informations, questions or itineraries...
- The best selection
- Flexible date guarantee
- Flexible itinerary guarantee
- Fast or instant availability confirmation
- Mobile voucher
- Secure, fast and easy booking
- This private tour can be customized so you can see the sights & attractions that interest you
- Customer support 24/7
- 100% if you cancel within 7 days
- 50% if you cancel within 6-4 days
- 0% if you cancel within 2 day
Why choose adriaticGlobal.Net?
- Flexible date guarantee
- Best price
- Tailor made
- Free reschedule in case of bad weather(Boat tours only)
- Full return in case of bad weather(Selected boats only)