Dear visitors and guests,
this unique private tour gives you the opportunity to explore the stunning architecture and history of this world famous town in private setting of your group. Become one of the witnesses of Dubrovnik's rich history and discover its magnificent buildings, palaces and treasures. Accompanied by our experienced guide, who will entertain you with interesting stories, you will have a tour which covers all major sights, museums and city walls of Dubrovnik’s Old Town.
Starting at Ploce gate, we will walk towards the most popular Dubrovnik's street „Stradun“ First we will visit Old Port, once the key of Dubrovnik's trading and maritime success.
While in the Old Port, the legends of the famous Quarantine and the nearby fortresses of St. Luke and St. John will be explained. Ships from Dubrovnik were known throughout the Mediterranean: galleons and karakas, all of which were built and loaded in the legendary Arsenal, today the popular City Café, will be seen along the way.
As tour continues we will enter the main street of Dubrovnik, Stradun, once and today place of all main happenings in Dubrovnik. On this walking tour we will also see and visit the grandiose Franciscan and Dominican monasteries and famous Onofrio's fountains, sources of fresh drinking water for centuries till these days.
Stories and legends about the church of St Blaise, Dubrovnik's patron saint; the Cathedral; the Rector's Palace; Sponza Palace, and Orlando's Column will give you an overview to better understand the multi-layered past of the city.
Discover Dubrovnik is the most popular walking tour in Dubrovnik. In a little more than two hours you will be introduced to all main attractions, museums and historical monuments of Dubrovnik Old Town?
For those who like to see and explore more, after the walking tour through Old Town, next on our tour will bethe City Walls.
What more can be said to make you feel even more tempted to go there but to mention its length, importance and the magnificent view to Old Town, Adriatic sea and surrounding area. Dubrovnik city walls are almost 2 km long and the best preserved walls in the world! Did you know that Dubrovnik City walls are 4th longest walls in the world and third longest in Europe!? As soon as you step up the city walls your camera will take no rest until you step back down on a main street...
For full experience of this tour we also recommend you to see Dubrovnik from popular panorama viewing point “Vidikovac”.
Make a reservation of your "Discover Dubrovnik" walking tour already today!
We're looking forward to see you soon...
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Excursion code: EXP-1-7310-DD
- Basic language during the tour: English
Recommended start time of the program:
- Morning tour: 09h30 (9:30 AM)
- Afternoon tour (available from 1st of April to 1st of November): 16h30 (4:30 PM)
- NOTE! Recommended start time of the program is suggested due to summer heat and the open hours of museums and other attractions in Dubovnik, but the program can be held at a time when it suits the client!
Meeting point and transportation services
- OPTION 1.) Meeting point - Old town of Dubrovnik / exact location according to agreement (arrival to old town in your own arrangement)
- OPTION 2.) Meeting point - at the place of your residence (Hotel / Port-cruise ship / private accommodation) / transport to old town organized by the agency
- A tour of the fort Imperial and Dubrovnik museum of war + spectacular panorama of Dubrovnik from the top of the hill Srdj (cable car transportation)
Price of the program will be formed according to the following:
- Number of participants
- Chosen services
- Special requirements
- Send us inquiry and we will send to you a brochure with a full description of the program and the price list of all services related to this program
- The final form and contents of this excursion program will be made according to Client’s choice of the services!
- Duration of “Discover Dubrovnik” tour depends on the chosen services, attractions and program contents!