This unique tour gives you an opportunity to explore the stunning architecture and history of this world famous City. Witness Dubrovnik's rich history and discover its magnificent buildings, palaces and treasures. unique private tour gives you the opportunity to explore the stunning architecture and history of this world famous town in private setting of your group. Become one of the witnesses of Dubrovnik's rich history and discover its magnificent buildings, palaces and treasures. Multiple choices of starting times are, you can start in the morning or afternoon. Duration is 2 hours or 4 hours. Rest of the time is yours to explore more Dubrovnik attractions on your own and when you finish if you choose transport service your driver will pick up you later, at the pre-appointed time and place and take you back to your hotel or ship.
Dear visitors and guests,this unique private tour gives you the opportunity to explore the stunning architecture and history of this world famous town in private setting of your group. Become one of the witnesses of Dubrovnik's rich history and discover its magnificent buildings, palaces and treasures. Accompanied by our experienced guide, who will entertain you with interesting stories, you will have a tour which covers all major sights, museums and city walls of Dubrovnik Old Town.
Meet in the morning (10:00 AM) with your guide. You will enter old town trough Ploce gate, above the Old Port and continue to Old City walls the irregular parallelogram surrounding Dubrovnik consists of four strong fortresses (Revelin (east), Minceta(north), Bokar(west) and St.John(south) - from north to south) at its most significant points.
They are almost 2 km long and the best preserved walls in the world, it's 4th longest walls in the world and third in Europe. On this tour, we will do only north side (800 meters long), as views are more spectacular from northside.
Your guide will explain you main details how Old City was built, their purpose and heritage.Centuries of craftsmanship,architecture, works of simple mens, artists, nobles, poems and scientists of Dubrovnik have been carved with the stones into this magnificent walls.
Upon exit of Old City walls you will enter into Stradun street, main street of Old City Dubrovnik. As tour continues we will enter the main street of Dubrovnik, Stradun, once and today place of all main happenings in Dubrovnik.
On this walking tour we will also walk close to grandiose Franciscan and Dominican monasteries and famous Onofrio's fountains, sources of fresh drinking water for centuries till these days.
Stories and legends about the church of St Blaise, Dubrovnik patron saint; the Cathedral; the Rector's Palace; Sponza Palace, and Orlando's Column will give you an overview to better understand the multi-layered past of the city.
Duration of this tour is up to 2 hours, then you can have your free time.
Options for upgrading tour are visit Franciscan monastery of the “Order of Friars Minors” that preserves one of the three oldest pharmacies in Europe than discovering Rector’s Palace, the magnificent structure of the dukes of Dubrovnik, and the Cathedral of the Virgin Mary with a treasury containing the originals by Tiziano and Rafaelo and many other valuable relicts and maritime museum, venture inside the monumental St. John’s Fortress, with displays of old atlases, maps and navigational instruments, replicas of Old Ships, guns and armor from medieval age when Republic of Dubrovnik was close to number one players on seas and oceans.
Duration of upgrade is approximately two hours.
For those who like to see and explore more, after attractions of Old Town, you can choose to do the cable car tour to mount Srdj, where you can experince amazing views from Imperial forthess built by Emperor Napoleon. Also on this venue you will find nice bar & restaurant Panorama where you can have refreshment or meal.
The rest of the time is yours to explore more Dubrovnik attractions on your own. You driver will pick up you later, at the pre-appointed time and place and take you back to your hotel or ship.Make a reservation of your "Discover Dubrovnik" private walking tour already today!
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Excursion code: EXP-1-7310-DD
- Basic language during the tour: English
Recommended start time of the program:
- Morning tour: 09h30 (9:30 AM)
- Afternoon tour (available from 1st of April to 1st of November): 16h30 (4:30 PM)
- NOTE! Recommended start time of the program is suggested due to summer heat and the open hours of museums and other attractions in Dubovnik, but the program can be held at a time when it suits the client!
Meeting point and transportation services
- OPTION 1.) Meeting point - Old town of Dubrovnik / exact location according to agreement (arrival to old town in your own arrangement)
- OPTION 2.) Meeting point - at the place of your residence (Hotel / Port-cruise ship / private accommodation) / transport to old town organized by the agency
- A tour of the fort Imperial and Dubrovnik museum of war + spectacular panorama of Dubrovnik from the top of the hill Srdj (cable car transportation)
Price of the program will be formed according to the following:
- Number of participants
- Chosen services
- Special requirements
- Send us inquiry and we will send to you a brochure with a full description of the program and the price list of all services related to this program
- The final form and contents of this excursion program will be made according to Client’s choice of the services!
- Duration of “Discover Dubrovnik” tour depends on the chosen services, attractions and program contents!
Korcula across the seaPrivate boat tour Dubrovnik to Island Korcula with option to stop on Elafiti islands
Private Game of Thrones full day tour in DubrovnikPrivate GoT tour in Dubrovnik with option for speed boat or yacht.
- The best selection
- Flexible date guarantee
- Flexible itinerary guarantee
- Fast or instant availability confirmation
- Mobile voucher
- Secure, fast and easy booking
- This private tour can be customized so you can see the sights & attractions that interest you
- Customer support 24/7
- 100% if you cancel within 7 days
- 50% if you cancel within 6-4 days
- 0% if you cancel within 2 day
Why choose adriaticGlobal.Net?
- Flexible date guarantee
- Best price
- Tailor made
- Free reschedule in case of bad weather(Boat tours only)
- Full return in case of bad weather(Selected boats only)