Dear guests and visitors,
on this tour we will take you to Mostar, another exiting destination in neighboring country Bosnia and Herzegovina. A short drive up the Adriatic coast and a turn towards inner land lead us through the valley of Neretva river to our destination Mostar.
On the way to Mostar we will visit the medieval town of Pocitelj. After free time in Pocitelj, we will continue our ride towards Mostar. Mostar is the town where the north meets the south and the west meets the east, a town where Neretva river divides a cultures and religions over the centuries, where the differences and contrasts can be seen on each corner…
The town was developed on the basis of a small antique settlement, the bridge, its towers and today’s oldest parts of Mostar were build by the Turks during Ottoman empire.
A fortified settlement connected with bridge across the Neretva river was first described and documented in the 15th century.
Mostar was named after its bridge (word "most" = bridge) and two fortified towers on its sides known as "Bridge keepers" (Mostari) Helebija and Tara. The old bridge (“Stari Most”) was a true miracle of architecture of its time, today the bridge dominates above Neretva river from a height of twenty four meters, it is a four meters wide and thirty meters long. The arch of the bridge was made of local stone known as"Tenelija".
After the guided tour of the town you will have some free time for strolling around, to enjoy and experience sights of this town of poetry, narrow streets and old monuments which will tell you a story about ancient past…
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE EXCURSION
Excursion code: EXD-1-7204-MO
- Basic language during the tour: English
- Excursion participants: Individual travelers of mixed nationalities
A tour includes:
- Tour leader
- Professional tourist guide in Mostar
- Pick-up / drop off at the place of your residence in Dubrovnik
Boarding location and time of departure:
- Hotel guests: Boarding location will be in front of hotel at the time indicated in voucher
- Guests staying in other types of accommodation: Boarding location will be the nearest passenger collection point relative to the place of your residence. Exact boarding location and time of departure will be indicated in voucher
- Children under 12 years of age: 50%
We recommend you to bring along:
- Comfortable footwear and clothing
- Hats or caps
- This program can be organized as private group excursion
- See also our offer of private excursions and Where the East meets the West private excursion
- Day tour
Group excursion with guaranteed departure from Dubrovnik
- Children discount : 50%
- Price per person
Languages for this tour : English. Others upon availability
- The best selection
- Flexible date guarantee
- Fast or instant availability confirmation
- Mobile voucher
- Secure, fast and easy booking
- Customer support 24/7
- 100% if you cancel within 7 days
- 50% if you cancel within 6-4 days
- 0% if you cancel within 2 day
Why choose adriaticGlobal.Net?
- Flexible date guarantee
- Best price